Re: [OM] More eBay crazyness

Subject: Re: [OM] More eBay crazyness
From: "Stephen F. Schaffner" <sschaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:57:16 -0700 (PDT)
Gary Schloss wrote about the 200 f/4.

> Excellent lens, IMHO.  Sharp, and works great with the Olympus 2X-A TC,
> even handheld.  $90 is a very good price for it, esp. if it's in near-
> mint condition.

It wasn't near-mint: the description mentioned missing paint, but said
the glass was good.  I decided not to go for it, even at $90 -- I
guess I wasn't feeling self-indulgent enough, or maybe it's all that
diaper money that Shawn mentioned (not that we buy Huggies or Pampers
-- too expensive).  I never found out whether it was SC or MC; the
seller was under the impression that all 200/4's were MC.  I notice,
by the way, that the same seller has now relisted what looks like the
same lens on eBay, this time with no reserve, a $60 opening bid, and
no mention of missing paint.  Also no mention of whether it's SC or MC
(even though I did tell him how to tell the difference).

Thanks for all of the replies.  I suspect I'll end up getting one of these
sometime.

Steve Schaffner
sschaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx