Re: [OM] More eBay crazyness

Subject: Re: [OM] More eBay crazyness
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 17:50:58 EDT
Hi Steve:

Yup, Garth's 200 mm f/4 certainly did go for a song on eBay.  The 50 mm f/1.4
at $103.51 was one of the worst OLY buys, short of the cases and caps we hear
about.

I'd steer clear of the $90 offer since the seller certainly lacks ethics.  By
setting a reserve which wasn't met, then contacting a potential buyer who was
the highest bidder, the seller managed to avoid paying eBay a sales fee.  I'd
want to see such characters banned from selling other items.  It looks like
there might be some others guilty of that practice.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV