Re: [OM] More eBay crazyness

Subject: Re: [OM] More eBay crazyness
From: sschaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:32:27 -0700 (PDT)
I've been watching eBay lately, and there doesn't seem to be much logic
to the bidding (except that amounts are usually too high).  A week or two
ago a 50/1.4 was bid up to something over $90 -- and still didn't sell
because it didn't meet the seller's reserve.  Admittedly, it was
supposed to be like new in its box, but that still seemed a little
steep.  On the other hand, there was a 200/f4 that stayed in the $60's;
the highest bidder other than myself bid $75, which seems reasonable for
a lens with (allegedly) clean glass.

Which reminds me -- the 200/f4 didn't meet reserve either, but the
seller has offered it to me (as high bidder) for $90.  Any
off-the-cuff advice from the list about whether I should take him up
on the offer?  I'm not dying for a 200, but I also wouldn't mind
having one.

Steve Schaffner
sschaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx