[OM] re: FAQ

Subject: [OM] re: FAQ
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 11:33:10 -0700
Gary Schloss said something like:
Meanwhile, I'd like to point out that even the Shipman text is
broken down into chapters and pages, and comes equipped with a
table of contents and an index.

All IMHO, of course -- I'm very glad you and Michael C. did the
FAQ, and am very grateful to you for keeping it going.

=============
Lee,

I'm not sure what you're using to create the FAQ, but about 18 months ago I
reviewed a program which did a very nice job of converting Word documents to
HTML, including a TOC, index, frames if desired, etc.

Basically if you designed your document using standard Word formatting for
chapters, etc, it would handle the rest. I'm afraid I don't recall the name,
but
could find out if it's something you're interested in.

I think the FAQ is great, but like I'm finding with the archives, a bit of html
work
can do wonders for ease of use.