Re: [OM] Lens Filters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Filters?
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 12:03:36 -0800
Tomoko Yamamoto wrote:

>Gary Schloss wrote:
>>Among OEM manufacturers, I highly recommend Min*lta filters. They
>>are MC, very thin, very reasonably priced, come in std. OLY sizes
>>of 49 and 55mm.  An OLY purist may want to paint over the alien
>>brand name with a bit of plack paint. :-)
>
>I would like to point out that as far as the 49mm UV and Skylight
>filters are concerned, the B&H prices for Minolta and Oly filters
>are identical at $19.95.  The Oly filter is also very thin. [snip]

Of course, I would absolutely HATE stealing business from B&H
(yeah, right :-)).  However, I have three brand-new, in-box
Min*lta 49mm UV filters which any Olympian/Zuik is welcome to
for the much more reasonable sum of US$12 apiece.

I also have 3 used Min*lta 49mm UV filters, 4 used P*ntax 49mm
SKY filters, 3 used P*ntax 49mm UV filters, and 3 used Olympus
49mm SKY 1A filters available, all in great shape -- for US$8
apiece.  Shipping is at cost, probably less than $1 apiece in
Cont. US.

Now, B&H -- beat this!  (Oh, I was going to write something
like: "B&H, eat my shorts!"  However, the recent flood of calls
for cleaner language on this list had a grave impact on me. :-))

Btw, I have a bunch of other high quality used 49/55mm filters:
Hoya, Vivitar, Tiffen, etc. -- cheap!  Pls request a list.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx