Re: [OM] Lens Filters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Filters?
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 16:05:26 -0400
Gary Schloss wrote:
>Among OEM manufacturers, I highly recommend Min*lta filters. They are MC,
>very thin, very reasonably priced, and come in std. OLY sizes
>of 49 and 55mm.  An OLY purist may want to paint over the alien
>brand name with a bit of plack paint. :-)

I would like to point out that as far as the 49mm UV and Skylight filters
are concerned, the B&H prices for Minolta and Oly filters are identical at
$19.95.  The Oly filter is also very thin.  The height of its rim is 3mm.
When one compares the 55mm filters between Minolta and Olympus, the Minolta
is cheaper by $3.00, not enough to justify getting a Minolta filter for your
Oly lenses.  Unfortunately Olympus prices its circular polarizing filters
very high relative to the UV and skylight.  The difference in price between
the two brands becomes significant.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx