Re: [OM] Shade-y business/was rubber shades

Subject: Re: [OM] Shade-y business/was rubber shades
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 14:24:57 -0800
On  7 Jul 98 at 0:49, *- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

>   For my 100/2.8, I use an OM rubber shade that I believe was originally
> designed for this lens. It is not collapsible, but works beautifully.
> It also works well with the 50/1.8 w/o vignetting. I liked it so much I
> bought two. For the wides, I bought Hoya (they might be Tiffen)
I think this is the same shade on my 85/2 which says: 85/2 and 100/2.8 on the
rubber.

> like a champ (and on that lens, it is critical. On some lenses, like the
> 35/2.8, 50/3.5 that have recessed front elements, they act as if the cone
> caused by the inset into the lens barrel is a shade in itself, though
> you lose that effect if you add a filter, of course).
Hmmm. After some awful flare in my last roll taken with the 35/2.8 (with Hoya
1A filter), maybe I'll try removing the filter. The rubber shade I have is
designed for a 24mm I think, so it's of little use on the 35.