Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?
From: "Ian M. Stewart" <ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:58:29 +0100
 RobFilms@xxxxxxx is a P/S Dad who has already received a lot of very
good advice:

> Money is an issue.  I'd like to keep the whole thing (a OM body, a 50mm and
> maybe something longer) between $200-$400.

A very cheap way to dip your toe in the water is an OM10.  Automatic
exposure OTF (though not with flash) and when you have made a
decision later all the lenses and accessories will fit whichever body
you then go for. (4Ti!)  Just watch out for the erratic shutter speed
which some models can have due to oil on the magnet.  These are so
cheap that they aren't worth mending, but if you can find a good one
they're a great camera which will become your second body later.

BTW a manual adapter is needed if you want to become more creative
with the exposure, but they are available and quite cheap.

Whatever you get, have fun.

--

Ian  <IMS>
                  OM Tyro - please point my lens in the right direction.