Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?
From: Mike Grove <radon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:17:18 -0400
At 12:37 PM -0400 6/23/98, RobFilms@xxxxxxx wrote these words of wisdom:

>OM listers-
>

>Considering what I'm likely to use the camera for, is a OM practical?
>
>Will I be able to shoot the kids/family indoors w/a flash?  Are the only
>flashes to fit a OM the T20 and T32?  Can you use a non-OM flash?
>
>So...which camera?
>
>All opinions are appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>
>                                                       -Rob
=====================
Hi, Rob!

My personal opinion leans toward the OM-1. I like the control of a manual
camera and the clean, simple elegance of that model. Yes, you can use a
non-Oly flash... I use a small Braun. You'll need to get a hotshoe if the
camera isn't sold with one, they were a separate item back in the '70s when
I got my OM-1.

For lenses, if you're an amateur like me, you'll want the basics: the 50mm
normal lens, 1.8 or 1.4, a nice wide-angle like a 35mm, and eventually a
zoom. My zoom is the Zuiko 75-150. You might want to check the list digest
as there are numerous discussions about these lenses covering a lot of
valuable information and opinions from folks whose experience is far
greater than mine.

Have fun making your decision,

Mike Grove