[OM] opinions and questions-which OM?

Subject: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?
From: RobFilms@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:37:03 EDT
OM listers-

I'm trying very hard to keep my buying a OM a non-emotional decision but that
is becoming more difficult than I anticipated.  I handled a OM-1 yesterday at
a local shop.  It felt very nice but it had a scratch on the prism.  Thought I
found a lovely, reasonably priced OM2n on the Web only to be told I was 15
minutes too late.

So that put me to thinking...which camera body do I really want.

Just to remind-I'm a P/S Dad who used a Minolta X-700 for quite a few years.
I want to take pictures of the kids but also like shooting architecture,
nature and obstract images.  I'm a fan of the classics:  Weston, Adams,
Bernice Abbott and my favorite, Harry Callahan.  I would love to learn to
shoot people on the street but at the moment I lack the strategy and/or the
nerve.

Money is an issue.  I'd like to keep the whole thing (a OM body, a 50mm and
maybe something longer) between $200-$400.

I like the idea of the OM2N.    But the OM2S gives me a spot and program mode
which could be useful.  (Does the OM2S "suffer" form electrical problems?).
I doubt if I could afford a OM4.

Considering what I'm likely to use the camera for, is a OM practical?

Will I be able to shoot the kids/family indoors w/a flash?  Are the only
flashes to fit a OM the T20 and T32?  Can you use a non-OM flash?

So...which camera?

All opinions are appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

                                                -Rob