Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 98 13:57:03 EDT
Rob <RobFilms@xxxxxxx> objectively wondered: (with liberal snips)

So that put me to thinking...which camera body do I really want.  Considering
what I'm likely to use the camera for, is a OM practical?  Will I be able to
shoot the kids/family indoors w/a flash?  Are the only flashes to fit a OM the
T20 and T32?  Can you use a non-OM flash?

So...which camera?

All opinions are appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
-Rob

Rob, I use OM's 1n, two 2n's and 4T.  Of course the 4T is my all-round favorite
for all the obvious reasons.  As cost is a significant factor, this excludes
the 4T.

I regularly reach for the 2n for what I'll call general purpose photos.  This
covers about 950f everything I shoot.  If I could have only one body, the 2n is
the one I'd keep.  Its auto metering is excellent, manual mode as good as the
1n.  All accessories work correctly.  OTF flash with a T-series flash is
unmatched.  It's hard to beat.  With a 50mm lens, a T-32 flash and either a
24mm and an 85 or 100 tele, you'd have am impressive kit for not a ton of $$$$$.

John P