Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?
From: Jim Houha <houha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:21:24 -0700
The great thing about the OM system is that it is very reasonably priced.
You'll have no problem putting together a system for $200-$400. And those
Zuiko's hold their own against Zeiss, Nikkor and the rest.

Its hard to get batteries for the OM-1. The OM2S has problems and is not
that much cheaper than an OM-4.

I'd go for an OM-2 and buy an incidence meter to go with it.

I saw these at KEH ( http://www.keh.com ). In my experience their 'Bargain'
quality is very good. If anything is really wrong, they call it "Ugly".

Bodies:
OM2 BLK (W/O SHOE 1,2 OR 3) BGN $133
OM2 CHR (W/O SHOE 1,2 OR 3) BGN $126
OM4 BGN $286

Zuikos:
24 F2.8 (49) BGN $133
28 F2.8 (49) EX $105
50 F1.4 (49) EX $79
50 F1.4 (49) BGN $27
50 F3.5 MACRO (49) EX $165
50 F3.5 MACRO (49) BGN $133
50 F3.5 MACRO (49) **FLTR RING DENT EX $139
100 F2.8 (49) BGN $99
135 F2.8 (55) EX+ $165
135 F2.8 (55) BGN $109
135 F3.5 (49) BGN $39

If you really want to be a purist, get an OM-1 with a broken meter  ( <
$100 ) and don't even put a battery in it. Then get one of those old-world
incidence meters with a selenium cell (requires no battery at all) like the
Sekonic L-398. Buy the cheapest 50mm 1.8 Zuiko you can find (I've seen them
as low as $2.49). Then amaze your friends with pictures a zillion times
crisper than their zoom-lens APS Point&Shoot.