Re: [OM] Olympus Prices in Japan

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Prices in Japan
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 14:08:59 +0200
sunil manga wrote:

> * Bring 'VISIONAGE' back into Print even if it is on 'e-mail'. At
> least put the existing 10 issues on the NET?

I would vote for an electronic Olympus magazin too.

> * Reduce LENS flare in back lit subjects. Flare is much higher
> than the competition, with 35/2.8 Shift and 18/3.5.

The flare in the 18mm Zuiko is due to the super wide angle of view of
this lens, which increases the probability for backlit situations. There
is no hood, which could limit the amount of stray light. I doubt, that
it is posible to create a hood which is efectiv and not to big to cary.

The shift lenses have an even biger difference between the angle of view
and the projecting angle of the lens.

Generaly, I wouldn´t call both lenses prone to flare, the 17mm Vivitar I
had, had more problems with contrast.

I would sugest to use a black cardboard, to eleminate straylight from
outside of the angle of view. I had very good result with it, there was
a drastic improvement in contrast.

Does anybody know if there is something like a holder for the cardboard,
which could be mounted to the camerabody?

Richard