[OM] Olympus Prices in Japan

Subject: [OM] Olympus Prices in Japan
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:42:40 -0400
I acquired an OM system list (Feb., 98) thanks to a friend of mine who went
to Japan recently.

There is no price change between this one and the July, 96 list except for
new lenses and the discontinued T32.  The OM2000 is not included because it
is not a system camera although it shows up as a component of the OM2000 kit
which includes the new 35-70mm zoom which is listed.

Since I have a color flatbed scanner, I can scan it and put the resulting
graphic files in my FTP directory.  However, the size of the list is
basically 7 pages of paper size slightly smaller than the US letter size.
It is a bit of the project.  The OM system list brochure consists of the
following:
OM Body, Zuiko Interchange Lens Group
Flash Photo Group
Motor Drive Group
Photo Micro Group
Macro Photo Group
Photo Technical Group
Finder Group
Case Group
Filter, Hood, Lenscap

Please let me know which one you would like me to work on it first.  You
might wonder, " If it is in Japanese, I won't be able to read it anyway."
It is quite graphical and all the important numbers (lens focal lengths and
f number) are in Arabic numerals.  If there is sufficient interest, I shall
work on this next week.  This week I have to complete the Olympus Petition!

BTW, I would like to caution those who are contemplating a trip to Japan for
Oly purchase that there are several Yodobashi Camera stores in Shinjuku.
The main store is located near the West Entrance to Shinjuku Station.
Assume that the main store has the largest stock of the OM system
components.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
maito:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx