Re: [OM] What's wrong with an OM-10?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's wrong with an OM-10?
From: "Ian M. Stewart" <ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 12:41:20 +0100
 Ingemar Uvhagen asked the group:

> If I want to be on "the safe side", should I sell my OM-10 and get another
> more
> reliable OM? (Or just get another OM.)Is it worth let some one check my camera
> every third (?) year instead of buy another camera? The thing is that I am
> not a
> heavy user, I shoot in periods and when I see something to picture, so get
> another OM (one digit OM) feels a bit unnecessary.

Well Ingemar, I wonder why you are so worried?  If you are losing
faith in you OM10 is it because something has gone wrong with it. or
just that you want an excuse to move up to another body?  If you
still like the OM10 why not just keep a lookout for a bargain second
OM10?  Look up the thread about garage sales from 3 months or so ago.
 Doris Fang is an expert at this <g>

My local camera shop is happy to sell an OM10 for a substantial sum
of money (80ukp) but will NOT accept one in part exchange for another
secondhand body (oily magnets?)

I was very lucky, a colleague at work had one with an oily magnet
and a 28mm Zuiko.  I bought the lens from him and he gave me the body
free :-)  I hope eventually to repair the body so I will then have a
spare.

--
Ian  <IMS>
                  OM Tyro - please point my lens in the right direction.