Re: [OM] What's wrong with an OM-10?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's wrong with an OM-10?
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 11:50:10 -0400
I suggest to most people with 10s and Gs (these bodies are related and
share problems) not to store these cameras (or any cameras) with the shutter
wound.  Once the magnet gets oily though, this doesn't help much.
There's a second electromagnet that gets oily and when that happens the
mirror locks halfway up (and is harder to fix.)

Also, the main shutter gears are plastic.  Occasionally the main cocking
tooth (that is pushed to wind the curtains) breaks off or looses its edge,
so the mating gear stud slips over it. .  This requires the most stripping
down of any 10 repair.

John Hermanson
Camtech
http://www.zuiko.com