Re: [OM] Buying & Selling from/to individuals

Subject: Re: [OM] Buying & Selling from/to individuals
From: Rob Roy <royrg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 07:35:38 -0400

>I have even had good experiences sending small amounts of cash in the
>mail - with a slip of black paper in the envelope to render it
>opaque.  I figured the prohibition against sending cash in the mail
>is so widespread and ingrained that very few people would expect
>anyone to be so silly as to actually do it ;-)
>
>Giles

I don't think sending cash is much of a problem between private
individuals.  I have done so many times.  It is a no-no to send cash to a
company, however, in order not to tempt the employees to be dishonest.
Whoever opens the mail could easily slip the envelope, cash and all, into a
pocket and nobody would be the wiser.  After many reports of "What happened
to my cash?", however.....

Rob Roy     Maker of LX200 joysticks
http://www.worldchat.com/commercial/skyoptics/Joystick.html