RE: [OM] Slides on the cheap - a beginners guide

Subject: RE: [OM] Slides on the cheap - a beginners guide
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 06:33:58 -0500
At 02:36 AM 5/14/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Firstly, thanks to all, who have shared their experiences on these
>matters.  I especially like Warren K's story about what do do with the
>volumes of prints/framed prints accumalated over the decades.  Boy is my
>mum (mom, ma etc) gonna get a surprise this weekend.

snip

>So along these same lines, my neighbour's trailer for example must be,
>in photo opportunity terms, far more valuable than his house because you
>need to catch it perfectly on film before he drives off with it.  Yeah
>gotcha, thats very astute of you Joel, thanks for the tip, you'll have
>to excuse me now cos I've got this sudden urge to buy a towbar for my
>car.

Stephen,

I'm not following your humor very well. My point is that if I spend a lot
of money to go some place with a lot of photo opportunities, and I lug
seven prime Zuikos (I wish) and three bodies along, plus the Bogen, the
cost of the film for the purpose of a few brackets is less significant than
the expense of time, sweat, and money -- to me, that is.

The purpose of learning to expose well for me is that often I only get one
shot. But if I get a couple, I move the aperture ring a little both ways.

Best wishes,

Joel