Re: [OM] Problem on my OM-4T's mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] Problem on my OM-4T's mirror
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 16:12:15 -0700
At 06:14 AM 3/21/98 -0500, John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Lens tissue wrapped around a narrow flat object, dipped in denatured alcohol
>works for me.  Don't press too hard on the mirror as the silver can come right
>off if you trap a piece of grit in there.  If there is old mirror foam in the
>corners, that'll smear around alot and you'll have to clean it 10 to 20 times
>to get it all off.

John;

Fascinating!  I've known several disasters when people tried to clean their
mirrors using alcohols of various chemical formulae.  I assumed (wrongly, it
appears) that alcohol on the mirror is about as dicey as alcohol on lens
coatings.  Perhaps they were simply pressing too hard!

Anyone know more about this?

Garth