Re: [OM] Cleaning the Mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning the Mirror
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 16:54:01 -0600
At 05:20 PM 3/21/1998 +0100, you wrote:
>Joel Wilcox wrote:
>
>> I prefer to use a blower brush, but just the brush only. I don't like to
>> blow the mirror with anything.
>
>It´s saver to blow the mirror slightly than to touch the mirror with any
>device.
>
>Richard

Well it's a little like trying to decide whether it's safer for you to drive
home drunk from a party or let your drunken friend drive you instead. Things
can go wrong either way. We probably shouldn't be discussing this as a
routine matter. Cleaning the mirror is something I have done perhaps 2 or 3
times with my cameras. Theoretically, forced air doesn't move dust out
anymore than it moves it back and up, and two of those three things are bad.
The tips of a photo blower brush can pull the crud out quite gently. If you
can do just as well with air and feel it is safer, more power to you. I'm
not comfortable blowing air into my camera. I don't know whether my way is
safer, but my comfortable level is higher. To each his own.

Cheers,

Joel