Re: [OM] Shooting the computer screen

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting the computer screen
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 10:48:34 -0700
At 03:49 PM 3/21/98 +0000, Javier Escartin wrote:

>I need to take some slides of figures over my computer
>screen (16' Sun screen) with a tele (100 f2.8) and a tripod.
>The figures are just colour lines and symbols over
>a black background.
>Has anybody in this lest have some experience with these kind of
>shots?  I was going to use Sensia (cheapest), take the
>meter reading of a 18 0ray figure on the screen, and bracket
>at speeds slower than 30.

I used to do this type of thing a lot.  Be prepared for really lousy image
quality -- even worse than you can imagine.  If you can find any way to do
direct digital captures from the analogue signal (and then fill in the scan
lines using Photoshop or some other software image manipulation package), I
*strongly* advise that method instead.  Otherwise, your plan sounds fine to me.
 (No point in spending a lot of money on the film, *that's* for sure...)