Re: [OM] Problem on my OM-4T's mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] Problem on my OM-4T's mirror
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 10:52:48 -0700
At 07:38 PM 3/21/98 +1000, Terry and Tracey <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

[snip]

>What is the best way to clean a mirror on an OM-1? I realise it doesn't
>affect the picture quality, but I've got to keep taking the lenses off to
>check the dust isn't on the lens!

Another contributor to this list (Joel Wilcox) mentioned that he doesn't like
to use compressed gas on a mirror at all.  I can understand the reluctance.
However, in my ignorance, I have used gentle puffs in the past which have never
caused any harm to date, but I can't guarantee the future (and in all fairness,
I haven't done this often -- possibly twice with my OM-4 in the last twelve
years).  In any case, my earlier advice (examine with a loupe -- or a 50mm
f/1.8 Zuiko! -- first) still seems reasonable -- you may determine that it's
something you can't remove gently, in which case I'd say "leave it alone."

Garth