Re: [OM] Problem on my OM-4T's mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] Problem on my OM-4T's mirror
From: Kennedy <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 02:50:39 +0000
In article , Terry and Tracey <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Just a sideline to this.
>
>What is the best way to clean a mirror on an OM-1? I realise it doesn't
>affect the picture quality, but I've got to keep taking the lenses off to
>check the dust isn't on the lens!

Why???

You ain't gonna see the dust on the mirror, or on the lens!

The only 'dust' you can see from the viewfinder is that on the focus
screen or the prism.

NEVER touch the mirror with anything - you will only scratch it and that
is a damn site worse than dust because it can only be fixed by replacing
the mirror.
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers         (replace 'nospam' with 'kennedym' when replying)