Re: [OM] Shooting the computer screen

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting the computer screen
From: "Thomas H. Hogan" <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:51:37 -0800
Yes, I've done this alot with my OM 2s camera and various films.
Here are some important points that come to mind:

        Make sure the room is dark!
        Start out with a test roll and make notes of your exposures
        so you can repeat the process.
        Choose the best f stop for your lens (f8)
        Use a cable release on the camera to trip the shutter.
        Use a heavy tripod or bungy cord to sandbags to dampen vibration
        Use a slow fine grain film like Elite II 50 or Ektar 25
        Make sure the tripods center post is less than six inches.

        Good Luck,

Javier Escartin wrote:

> I need to take some slides of figures over my computer
> screen (16' Sun screen) with a tele (100 f2.8) and a tripod.
> The figures are just colour lines and symbols over
> a black background.
> Has anybody in this lest have some experience with these kind of
> shots?  I was going to use Sensia (cheapest), take the
> meter reading of a 18 0ray figure on the screen, and bracket
> at speeds slower than 30.
>
> --
> Javier Escartin
> U. of Edinburgh, Dept. of Geology and Geophysics
> Edinburgh EH9 3JW, Scotland (UK)
> tel: +44 (0) 131 650 8511;       fax: +44 (0) 131 668 3184
> email: javihu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.glg.ed.ac.uk/home/Javier.Escartin

Hank Hogan --

BTW,  I'm looking for a job as a biological science research
    technician.  If you know of anyone who might need a technician
    with my skills (see resume on my home page) please let me know.
--
Thomas ?Hank? Hogan
Biologist, Photographer, Web Designer