Re: [OM] Bay of Fundy astro---and is this thing working?

Subject: Re: [OM] Bay of Fundy astro---and is this thing working?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 15:21:29 -0800
> I was going to rent the EM-5 MK111 to keep the weight down but may just bring
> the OM-1 and GM-5.  I am not sure about Sonnie yet but we can store some
> stuff at one hotel and pick up later.  In Switzerland I had a photo cube
> thingie in my backpack and lugged a small OM kit and tripod as well as a dig
> kit  but the looong haul from Grindelwald to Wengen via the massive climb up
> to Kleine Scheidegg taught me to be less ambitious.

As I do a lot of mountain climbs here in Alaska (they are in the
neighborhood, it's just kinda what we do around here), I do find
myself using the Lumix GX-80/85 with the two kit lenses quite a bit.
The EM5-Mk2 also gets used quite a bit too, and that thing has
survived a major tumble. I do like the EM1-Mk2 but it and the Sony are
so much heavier, I usually avoid them when the vertical gain is going
to be >2500 feet.

AK Schnozz