Re: [OM] Bay of Fundy astro---and is this thing working?

Subject: Re: [OM] Bay of Fundy astro---and is this thing working?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 21:53:38 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Moose writes,
<<You said something this afternoon about the PLeica 12-60. I didn't catch who
<<and price.

Wayne S very kindly sent one to me for approval or purchase. Marnie and I both
like the MZ12-100 overall a bit better but it doesn't fit in the Mindshift
Holster 10 that we like to lug on hikes.
The PL 12-60 on the OM-1 fits beautifully if I remove the vertical piece of the
L-bracket and...... I have the Nykon  achromatic CU diopter that optically
performs well with it as you observed and that resulted in its purchase.  I had
rented the PL 12-60 once and used yours in Bhutan for a bit.
I was going to rent the EM-5 MK111 to keep the weight down but may just bring
the OM-1 and GM-5.  I am not sure about Sonnie yet but we can store some stuff
at one hotel and pick up later.  In Switzerland I had a photo cube thingie in
my backpack and lugged a small OM kit and tripod as well as a dig kit  but the
looong haul from Grindelwald to Wengen via the massive climb up to Kleine
Scheidegg taught me to be less ambitious.

Very grateful for the offer, Mike