Re: [OM] Bay of Fundy astro---and is this thing working?

Subject: Re: [OM] Bay of Fundy astro---and is this thing working?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 00:20:08 -0700
Finally had a couple hours to try and process an image or two.  First is a
compound stack of 10 star shots with focus stack of two long exposure
foreground shots. Next time will put lens in auto mode so can change aperture
with the camera and not have to put my headlamp on to see the lens.  Everything
is harder in the bitter cold at 2 AM with a 50 ft tide on the way in.  I left
the aperture at f1.8 and focus stacked and it would have been better to stop
down to 3.2 for better dof and lens performance.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Bay-of-Fundy-2023/i-qFX34wD/A
Excellent result!

'Twere mine, I'd do something gentle to lower sky. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Usher/Focus-stack-sky-stack-straighten.htm>

We didn't want to take any chances with the park throwing us out after all the
expenses and trouble of a 9 hour drive so hired Don Lewis to help us as he has
a position with the park and also an excellent photographer to boot.
He also covered up a pesky light that ruins some shots of the stacks with a
blue bucket using a pole!   Worth the price of admission just with that.

Smart move!

Fundy Moose