Re: [OM] OT: Oscillo Raptor

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Oscillo Raptor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 12:17:16 -0800
On 2/21/2023 8:59 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
Some initial shots with Wollensak 3" F1.9 Oscillo-Raptor (1:0.7X) (75mm),
mostly bokehish stuff.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5uvGmLDjpijJHnd97

The first is a winner; I'd have it on a wall. Second is good abstract. Third
and last are nice.

I pulled this lens from one of several Tek scope surplus cameras. Most of the
lenses I have yet to figure out how to work with, but this one seems to work
the best for adapting. I found a Baader T-ring adapter to NEX, and removing the
inner piece, it happened to fit the back of the lens (essentially an m48 T
thread to E adapter). Then some E extension added the final touch. Working on
getting some form of helicoid. All the shots were fixed focal length depending
on the extension.

I did something similar to try out a Rollei projection lens. Results were sorta interesting, but apparently not enough to get me to go further on adapting it. 😉

Alternative Moose