Re: [OM] Focus stacking on PC

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus stacking on PC
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 10:39:05 +1000
This response is a bit late but I got distracted by a few other things.

I looked at the websites for both Helicon and Zerene and decided I didn't
want to spend that much money on software that I would not use much so I had
a look around at freeware options.

I checked out CombineZP and Pictolay running the same series of focus
brackets through each and both produced excellent stacks which were
indistinguishable from each other.  The user interfaces for each were
"clunky" but quite usable with a slight preference for Pictolay so I'll
probably stick with that for now.

...Wayne