Re: [OM] Mixed Bag o Fotos

Subject: Re: [OM] Mixed Bag o Fotos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 21:41:45 -0700
On 7/9/2022 4:13 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
What's the lighting for the portrait Moose (noted pink hair) ?

Highly mixed. Outdoor restaurant garden. He was under a trellis overgrown with vines, but adjacent to red umbrellas over other tables. Probably why only some of his hair goes reddish.

I didn't want to level up his eyes; level is from structure just out of frame, or change too much about him, as his singular appearance is what attracted me to try a candid in the first place.

I do admit to radical work on background. I'm always bemused when people refer to a zoom as having good or bad bokeh. There are just too many combinations of FL, subject and background distances to make meaningful generalizations.

In this case, bokeh in the first photo was somewhat busy, and I toned it down a
bit.

For this portrait, bokeh was amazingly bad, highlights forming little bright donuts. I blurred all that out. I also toned down the reflection in his glasses.

Rainbow Hair Moose