Re: [OM] Focus stacking on PC

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus stacking on PC
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 21:27:20 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<I think MikeG also uses Zyrene, and may weigh in.

Yes, I like Xerene stacker.  More similarities than differences with Helicon,
IMO.  I have the personal addition and only irritating result of not spending
another 100 bucks is that it strips the
exif--I just do an exif transplant form a jpg and it takes 1 minute.  One thing
that might be better is the option to cache first-pass results in DMap, for
faster re-stacking with different contrast threshold in the prosumer version.
It is very cool that in any version one can use a Pmax output to touch up a
Dmap--latter preserves colors and smoothness better but can lose details.

It all sounds very complicated but a couple of tutorials and a couple stacks
later, you're good to go and can probably get 90% of the quality as someone how
has used it for years.
The touch-up tools are awesome and much faster and easier than using PS.

http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/docs/faqlist#what_are_the_differences_between_personal_prosumer_and_professional

Stacker Mike