Re: [OM] slipping back into the fold - slowly

Subject: Re: [OM] slipping back into the fold - slowly
From: ian <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 11:20:24 +0200
Hi AK,

Thanks, I have been popping into the list from time to time so am aware
of some of your personal reasons - I Have a nephew going through a
similar process.

In 2019 I rode a motocycle to everest base camp as part of a group but a
combination of fatigue due to altitude left me with not the best photos
(fuji XT3 and 8-16) and I wished for more resolution hence the search
for another body.

As to the OM-1, as they are hard to get hold of it was not my intention
to buy one, I have the panny 100-400 and was using it on an OM 5 markii
until the screen got damaged - I bough a replacement screen but never
finished the job and so bought a panny GX9 to replace it, I never really
got along with it no particular reason just didn't like using it. With
Scandinavia looming (supposed to leave today actually but my mother in
law got taken into hospital Friday so we have delayed it a day or two)
and having a lot of legacy om lenses including the 21/2, naturally the
sonny A7R series came into view but as I was browsing I saw they had an
OM-1 and one click later it was on its way. I had kept up with moose's
view on them both, the hi-res mode should give me what I need and have
been wanting to play with focus stacking for a while and if I can leave
out the tripod the family will be more forgiving when I am faster taking
photos.

I have been taking photos over the last couple of years but most remain
digitally undeveloped and thats something  I need to fix

Thanks Ian