Re: [OM] slipping back into the fold - slowly

Subject: Re: [OM] slipping back into the fold - slowly
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 13:38:17 -0700
On 7/3/2022 10:57 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
. . .
As for the "new shiny" camera? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it's the
cat's meow. What is weird though is that I don't think the camera's
imager is much better over the ii/iii, but it's an overall improved
package that contributes to the photographer making much better
pictures.

Occasionally, the planets align, and here we are in one of our occasional alignments.
😮

From an IQ view, all the noise about the new sensor adds up to minor improvement. The big news is mostly SPEED, responsiveness. Whatever combination of new sensor and latest processor has contributed what aside, everything is quicker.

Focus Stacking/bracketing is amazingly quicker. Hand Held HR actually works. With static subjects, it's roughly equivalent to my 42 MP A7RII

ProCapL is quicker, with smaller times 'tween frames.

Even writing is better, with UHS II extended to the second slot. I wondered the other day why things seemed slow. Ah, I'd forgotten to put in the first slot card, after downloading and the other one was UHS I. So even that has contributed to the overall quickness of the camera.

So yes, "overall improved package" that I find helps me. The ideal camera is transparent, and this is far the most transparent Oly yet.

The addition of "bird focus" is cool, too.

Reluctant Convert Moose