Re: [OM] Hey, wait! I got a new complaint!

Subject: Re: [OM] Hey, wait! I got a new complaint!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 10:33:42 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
> The OM long teles were notorious for vibration problems; some folks gave up
> on ever getting a sharp shot. Put my 600/6.5
> on a Sony A series, mid weight CF tripod, EFC, let settle for a couple of
> seconds, press remote release ? no
> motion/vibration blur. The lens turns out to be sharp.

One of the nicest surprises I had from moving to mirrorless!

I always thought this lens was a dog. Even on two tripods (second strapped to
the front section of the lens), with weights hanging form each, I could not get
a sharp image out of that lens on an E-3. Adapted to a DSLR, there was to
aperture crash, just the mirror flapping, but that particular lens rang like a
bell, with the linear blur characteristic of vibration.

Then I put it on one tripod, no added weight, 12-second self-timer, on the OM-D
E-M1 Mark II - and got painfully sharp images!

It's amazing what a 40-year-old can do, if you give him a new body... I could
use one of those... :-)

Jan