[OM] Hey, wait! I got a new complaint!

Subject: [OM] Hey, wait! I got a new complaint!
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 20:22:18 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Nice to hear from you Boris.  The "mythical method" reminds me of an Oly
suggested technique to reduce vibration with some lenses on OM cams.  It is the
aperture stop down more than mirror slap that is the issue. I especially noted
this with my OM Z 50-250.

Even some mirrorless cams had "shutter shock" if using a mechanical first
curtain.  It was very apparent on Oly MFT and rather hidden solution in the
menus with "0 sec" delay vibration reduction which really just is using the
EFCS (electronic first curtain).  Some bokeh artifacts can be induced by the
EFCS mostly at wide apertures and fast shutter speeds.  Curiously the Panny GX
85 I had used  (thanks Moose!) for one hiking trip did not have a EFCS setting
but just full ES or using both mechanical shutters.  Panny seemed to be able to
tame the shutter shock.

No shock, Mike