Re: [OM] Williwaw Lakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Williwaw Lakes
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 06:06:00 -0700
At 7/18/2021 04:31 AM, Wayne wrote:
>Very good, new body ?
>
>...Wayne

Yeah, 13.5 miles 3500+ elevation gain, is that a new body?

>> ----- AK Schnozz wrote -----
>>
>> Williwaw Lakes - Chugach Mountains, Anchorage, Alaska. It was just another
>> rough day here in Alaska. I did have to travel quite some distance for this
>> hike, though. OK, OK, it's still technically within Anchorage, but it's
>> about 5
>> miles away from my more usual hiking locations. OM-D E-M5 II with Lumix G
>> 12-32 lens. Two versions. One is taken from the pass, the other much lower
>> from the bluff.
>>
>> The trail going down from the pass is best done going up. It was a bit
>> sporting. Total hike distance for the day was 13.5 miles and over 3500' of
>> elevation gain.
>>
>> http://zone-10.com/d1/node/401
>>
>> AK Schnozz
>> --

Is that a trail off to the left in the first shot?
Not a lot of snow on the peaks. Mt Willwaw is 5445 feet peak.

Looking on Alltrails, I see Willwaw Lakes trail, 16.5 out & back 2585ft, but
that only goes to the lakes. Which trail did you you use? I'm trying to orient,
which direction was the photo taken?

Very nice images.

WayneS