Re: [OM] OK, Flowers, or ?? [was Everything OK on the list?]

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, Flowers, or ?? [was Everything OK on the list?]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 23:52:08 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Frolicking Theories Moose writes,

<<Historically, that has NEVER been true. Don't bet on it becoming true in our
<<lifetimes, or long after.

That statement really irked you and I think AG.  Complete truth seems a very
tall bar and one can asymptotically approach that certainty but likely not get
there.
Mathematical proofs seem perfectly true for all time and independent of human
thought/language.  It certainly is my opinion.  I am no expert in philosophy of
mathematics but
Gödel’s two incompleteness theorems even  pours cold water on that.

<<<Robert Laughlin is doing the math on that one.

I guess the math works using that condensate/dark matter star business.  I did
not keep track of that as is almost never cited by astrophysicists and it
didn't make it into my news feed.  It is a bit out there.
Not disproven yet but there is more incoming data from the Event Horizon
Telescope.

I still think it is totally amazing that we can calculate effects of  the
strong force using lattice quantum chromodynamics with such precision to
predict the magnetic moment of the muon  (AKA the Fat Electron) which has a
cadre of virtual particles that accompany it.  Perhaps new physics will emerge.

How certain is certain, Mike