Re: [OM] TECHNIES : A query about sharpening after scanning slides

Subject: Re: [OM] TECHNIES : A query about sharpening after scanning slides
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 02:10:13 -0800
On 12/14/2020 11:19 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
I've been trying to migrate to all-native Lightroom adjustments
whenever possible. When it comes to cleaning up scans, I'm not fully
satisfied yet, but it's not bad. It's also pretty easy to whip it into
Photoshop too, but the algorithms for sharpening and noise reduction
in Photoshop are beyond ancient and are pretty horrid.

Better than they used to be, but still below par

I try to avoid Photoshop whenever possible because it's so klutzy.

That's so funny! In PS, I feel like Fred Astaire. In LR, like a blindfolded
dancing bear on roller skates in a thrift shop.

At this point, nearly all the plug-in solutions are a no-go. We're
watching the demise of long-term plug-in (and external does only one
thing well) software tools.

All the Topaz AI apps are PS plug-ins, as well as stand-alone. Take your pick.

I'm trying to get to the point where I don't rely upon anything else other than
my primary Adobe Creative Cloud suite.

That includes PS, does it not? Even so, to me, that's like trying to lead Ginger while wearing handcuffs. She's likely to dance off by herself, and show me up.

Foolish Dancer Moose