Re: [OM] IMG: Macro Experiment with Leica-R 60 Elmarit Macro Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Macro Experiment with Leica-R 60 Elmarit Macro Lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 21:51:28 -0700
<<Gotta love that water trough, Mike.   Is that a stack?

Deep dof achieved the olde fashioned way.  Dr. Diffraction would have been
furious.  F10 on MFT, sheesh.

I do miss Chuck!

OTOH, I didn't always agree with Dr. Diffraction (and others). Just reading the tables, it's easy to expect disaster. But, take some practical test pictures, and it's just not that bad.

F10 on µ4/3 is perfectly usable for anything but critical, full pixel display, and not bad, with today's post software, even for that.

F11 anyone? <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/British_Columbia/Hollyhock/People&image=_8300584croofm.jpg>

That hiking cam doesn't do focus bracketing and that lens is a pain to
adjust manually.  I had a light 'pod and an app GSimplerelase on my phone so
could have done so.  After the 5 ish hour uphill hike and no lunch yet I
stopped down and hoped for the best.
I learned early on OM that it is usually better to offend Dr. Diffraction  than
not have enough DOF.

Yup!

I don't think that conclusion has changed that much with the new tools but
focus bracketing is a more elegant solution.

For the right subjects. Informal portraits of people sitting around talking, as
above - nope.

  Two seconds on my EM1Mkiii.  Sonnie  doesn't do focus bracketing

Yeah! when are they going to wise up??

In 'N Out Moose