Re: [OM] IMG: Macro Experiment with Leica-R 60 Elmarit Macro Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Macro Experiment with Leica-R 60 Elmarit Macro Lens
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 17:32:52 -0700
At 10/14/2020 04:09 PM, Mike wrote:

><<Gotta love that water trough, Mike.   Is that a stack?
>
>Deep dof achieved the olde fashioned way.  Dr. Diffraction would have been
>furious.  F10 on MFT, sheesh. That hiking cam doesn't do focus bracketing and
>that lens is a pain to
>adjust manually.  I had a light 'pod and an app GSimplerelase on my phone so
>could have done so.  After the 5 ish hour uphill hike and no lunch yet I
>stopped down and hoped for the best.
>I learned early on OM that it is usually better to offend Dr. Diffraction
>than not have enough DOF.  I don't think that conclusion has changed that much
>with the new tools but focus bracketing is a more elegant solution.  Two
>seconds on my EM1Mkiii.  Sonnie  doesn't do focus bracketing and the Arsenal
>gizmo  to fix that was a bust.  Thanks for looking.

Reading FMiranda forum, people are using the Zony bluetooth remote to do focus
bracketing. With lens set to manual, the remote has a focus control. You can
increment the focus and release the shutter. Tripod still required though. For
your scene, probably overkill. If a simple BT remote can control focus and
release shutter, you would think it would be an easy feature to implement.
Maybe I'll get out my BT dev kit and make my own.

In the mean time, though, I'm having more fun with manual focus lenses. With
high resolution cameras and lenses, the whole DOF calculation has changed for
me, and stacking has become more important for a lot of my subjects.

hw hacker WayneS