Re: [OM] IMG: Macro Experiment with Leica-R 60 Elmarit Macro Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Macro Experiment with Leica-R 60 Elmarit Macro Lens
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 22:30:08 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
GCM writes:

<<<<The Pentax 67 T132 is so important to me that I had a watch on the 'Bay for
ages before snagging a back up

WayneS writes:

<<<For now I use my Zony zoom lens at 0.35x or PL 100-400 at 0.25x

I must say the Pentax T132 is the CAT'S MEOW on the PL 100-400.  Moose often
uses it at 400mm but I have empirically found the flutterby scales seem better
resolved at under 300mm--the lens is a tad sharper there as well and just use
the focusing helicoid to focus a bit closer to get a similar mag.  I should do
a formal test, but have not.

In any event would recommend waiting for one.  I saw the second one Moose
scarfed up  and had pulled the trigger on the lower powered one--have not used
yet, but too slow to get a spare T132.
I had a search on the da bay  and low and lo and behold a LNIB one showed up in
Jpn while we were in Switzerland--we had hiked uphill for mile after mile and
finally came to the lunch hut--and they had wifi--it pinged my phone and I
bought it in a flash.  Weirdest purchase location for me.

The view from the hut was here:

https://www.olyendomike.com/Switzerland-2016/i-q7F289C/A

We had run short of Swiss francs but mercifully the place took US dollars for
the remainder of payment for the delicious soup.  All fueled up the remainder
of the hike was  much easier.  I could not abide another lunch of trail mix and
was out of steam.

It's all downhill from here, Mike