Re: [OM] Whither Olympus: The Oracle speaks

Subject: Re: [OM] Whither Olympus: The Oracle speaks
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2020 21:44:01 +1000
I had the privilege of working for DEC in Oz from 1989 to 1999 (?) then as
COMPAQ until 2000 when they were reducing staff to make for an attractive
(?) sale to HP.  DEC was the best organisation I ever worked for , I still
have close contact with some of the old DEC crew from MEO today !  I'm
pleased that I left COMPAQ in 2000 as I knew that what ever followed at HP
would never be like the old DEC.  The best thing about the company from my
perspective was the fantastic support given to employees by the management
and colleagues, if you needed anything for a project it was there to make
the project succeed.  An incredible network of people worldwide who were
committed to helping solve any kind of problem for a customer through
consultants like me, no questions asked, no favours expected.  Anyhow, 20
years since I left I'm still working with OpenVMS, so many systems still
around that refuse to die !

...Wayne