Re: [OM] Systems Rationalization

Subject: Re: [OM] Systems Rationalization
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 10:35:33 -0800
> Is this the Canon bag you are referring to?
> https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/248295-REG/Canon_6229A003_Deluxe_Backpack_200_EG.html/specs

Yes!

There are several things about this bag that make it VERY usable:

1. Lightweight. The padding is much less dense than typical, so it
doesn't do quite as much protection, (especially in crush resistance),
but it keeps everything separated and protected from each other well
enough. The interior dividers are about the perfect size and thickness
and I have repurposed many of them into my other bags.

2. Just large enough of a main interior to hold a DSLR with the big
zoom, as well as the rest of the trinity of expensive zooms without
hesitation. I consider the interior space to be perfectly sized for
the padding level of the bag. It isn't overbuilt, it's right-sized.

3. Interior net pockets for soft or thin items. I keep cards,
batteries, polarizer, lens cloths, etc., in them.

4. Two small external side pockets. Perfect size for carrying the GPS,
cellphone or whatever else, like mace, water bottles, etc., that you
want quick and easy access to.

5. One large zippered space that opens wide. There are holders for
cards, pockets for wallets, keys, and a myriad of other items. While
not a padded space, it is weather resistant and reasonably well
protected on the back by more layers.

6. One smaller zippered space on the back. Another place to hold
things that you need quick access to.

7. Mesh back. Holds anything. This is easily the most unique and
useful feature of the bag. It's my only bag with that feature and I
wish all of them had something like it. This, alone, is worth the
price of admission. There are other strap points too, for tripods,
etc.

8. Speaking of the price of admission... The cost is as low as $29.95.
I mean, seriously! Get a half dozen of them.

As to water, food, etc., stuff the bottles into the outer back pocket
and have a great hike.

AG Schnozz