Re: [OM] Systems Rationalization

Subject: Re: [OM] Systems Rationalization
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:29:29 -0700
At 9/10/2020 03:51 PM, Moose wrote:
>Tastes and ergonomics are funny things. I had that LowePro sling bag. Liked it
>in my head, liked it in the shop, hated it in the field. Gone.

Same here. That bag just does not work well for the size it is. I have tried
every which way to adjust the dividers but it just does not work. It is too
square.

I have yet to find the right bag, so I end up packing the gear in a backpack.
Lenses go in their pouches.

Carrying water is now a requirement for me. Camera packs may make lip service
to water with a side pocket for a bottle of water. You would die here in the
desert in no time. A bladder with 3L of water is 3kg or 6.6lbs and is likely
more than the camera gear. It does get lighter as the hike goes on.

WayneS