Re: [OM] No longer window shopping - ERRATUM

Subject: Re: [OM] No longer window shopping - ERRATUM
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 14:59:26 -0700
On 5/2/2020 5:29 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I know, it's just an artificial target. OTOH, it's about the only way to do
serious, head-to-head comparisons. It does
have a wide array of components that show up various kinds of differences.
It's in different lighting that I see the different cameras react
differently. The lighting for the sample targets is too consistent and
standardized.

I was not only using them as a way to check the assumption that Panny has used the same imaging bits in both cameras. Seems to be so.

You are back on the JPEG soapbox again?
Nope. Definitely not. However, I do agree with some individuals that
the in-camera processing can be better in regards to noise and color
accuracy than Adobe.

Obviously, I and a box of rocks have something in common. Processing of Raw data must result in some kind of file. If not JPEG, what?

It was some time ago when I did some testing. I found that Canon's DPP, Oly's variously named converter/editors and Silkypix for Panny all, by default, exactly duplicated the cameras' JPEG output. They did not match Adobe.

I would still opt to shoot Raw, and convert in the native app if I want those
results. Am I missing something?

Confuse A Moose