Re: [OM] Brand new to LR for DAM (mostly), suggestions as how to set up

Subject: Re: [OM] Brand new to LR for DAM (mostly), suggestions as how to set up library and import images.
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 23:16:38 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Da Schnozz writes:

<My T5 SSD is quite a bit faster than that. But it's all a little
<misleading because if I am transferring files from a spinny hard drive
<to the SSD (or the other way around), things will goober up.

Yeh, going from msata SSD to the T7 so either it's the old rusty pipe
connecting them (I think so) or the T7 is buggered up.  The internal SSD on the
olde guy is still 10 fold faster than the transfer rate when I bench mark it.
The new system has NVMe drives which are 10 fold faster yet. Marnie is
occupying the new system on a Zoom meeting so can't benchmark until later.
I am not going to the mat to increase the rate from my old system as I don't
transfer huge amounts of data often  but do image it with shadowprotect.  I
blamed the software, but that was not correct in retrospect.

It's completed now, hurrah,  Mike