Re: [OM] Brand new to LR for DAM (mostly), suggestions as how to set up

Subject: Re: [OM] Brand new to LR for DAM (mostly), suggestions as how to set up library and import images.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 01:12:22 -0700
Finally downloaded and loaded CC and LR on new system  and my new Adobe tax
payments begin.  I have yet to install on my most used system but will do so.
I stretched out cs6 as long as possible but latest struggle with older
selection tools and the
excellent discount packaged with new system were too much to resist--just
didn't haven't any time to put it on. Marnie completed a PS tutorial as well.
I don't want to bugger up the catalog feature for LR.  I think I can delete it
and start over but I suspect it takes an eternity to sort the images. Thought
I'd better check as to how to  optimally set it up.  I will sync the images via
 Maestro Moose Method suggestion between the two systems with separate
catalogues.

Not sure what I may have said, but I only maintain one catalog. I don't much worry about backing it up, either, since it is completely re-creatable from the original image files.

On the road, I create a new LR catalog for each big trip, and import the photos I take.  But when I get home, I copy all the photos I've taken, including any files from processing on the road, onto my Image HD, then import them into the master home catalog.

The adventure begins, Mike

I think it's worthwhile.

Cataloged Moose