Re: [OM] Brand new to LR for DAM (mostly), suggestions as how to set up

Subject: Re: [OM] Brand new to LR for DAM (mostly), suggestions as how to set up library and import images.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 13:39:15 -0800
> Thanks!  Exactly what I was looking for ---but SERIOUSLY want to avoid the
> button where the Borg assimilate  the files.  What button is that?

I use Lightroom to copy the files from the cards to Samsung SSD. I
don't have Lightroom do anything to the files other than create the
folders (date of the files) and add them to the catelog. No converting
or anything crazy like that. Then I have Lightroom generate the
previews. Every week or so, I copy the image folders (containing all
the raw files) and the lightroom catelog over to the spinny hard
drive.

Oh, after I input the image files, I'll attach my GPS and import the
GPX and tag the photos with the shooting locations.

AG Schnozz