Re: [OM] Brand new to LR for DAM (mostly), suggestions as how to set up

Subject: Re: [OM] Brand new to LR for DAM (mostly), suggestions as how to set up library and import images.
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 12:04:13 +0200

> Le 2 avr. 2020 à 07:13, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> On 3/31/2020 2:54 PM, Mike Gordon via olympus wrote:
>> Appreciate the comments so far.  I think Tina's two catalogue system makes
>> sense but seems overkill pour moi---might have 600GB total if decide to
>> include the scans pre PS from two  systems ago.
>
> I'm a single catalog guy. almost 150,000 images in mine, 5.5 TB. Works fine.
>
>> Primarily looking for nuts and bolts suggestions on importing the images the
>> first time.
> First time load of all images, either way:
>
> 1. Click the Import button, select all the folders with images, tell it "Make
> it So". Go to bed.
>
> 2. Do the same thing, but one chunk at a time. Doesn't matter, the result
> will be the same.

I’d advise using the second method. You can thus, grossly at least, keyword
your batch, which might come handy sooner than you’d think. The fine tuning of
keywording may be done later on.

Another thing. If you happen to have had two cameras shooting in the same
location, but adjusted to different times (happened to Alice and me a few
times, and to others I guess hence the feature ...) you can chose one camera
from the library mode, and after selecting all its the files, adjust the
original time of capture to the one of the other camera(s).  All of the photos
from the various cameras will then be displayed in an accurate chronological
order - no more bride coming out of the church when the bridegroom is only
entering it ;-).

Get back to us if needed - I’m no expert but have been using LR since it was
first released …

Amities

Philippe