Re: [OM] OT: Coronacooties

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Coronacooties
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 23:08:56 +0100
I've followed this site <https://covid19info.live/> for some time now and I
think its statistics are trustworthy.

The virus appears to be more lethal for the (very) elderly, but that
statistic is skewed in a number of ways: a) the virus effects people with
underlying medical complications more, these are older in general, b) in
Italy they have to choose which people to give intensive care to, they
choose the younger and healthier and c) there are even stories of elderly
people that decide they don't want to go in intensive care, as they feel
they are ready with life.

In general, the death rate of the virus increases enormously when the
strain on the health care system gets to big, and not enough intensive
care units
with respiration equipment are available.

Hope you can all stay safe!